Where the movie ends, the true terror begins. In the frozen wastelands of Antarctica, a mysterious, shape-shifting alien life form has wiped out an American scientific outpost. You're the leader of a military rescue team sent to investigate the carnage. Trapped by the elements and infected by a horrific enemy, you must keep your squad together. Control their fear and gain their trust, and you might just survive the Thing.
Taking place shortly after the events seen in the 1982 film, The Thing takes us back to the Antarctic base and familiar locales from the film for a terrifying, new chapter of isolation and paranoia. The game's trust/fear interface adds a different dimension to the genre. How you influence non-player characters (NPCs) psychological state determines whether or not these characters will cooperate with you. Puzzle-solving can be accomplished by a multitude of scenarios; there is never just one way to accomplish an objective. The varying pace of gameplay blends action, puzzles, horror, and human interaction.
* This game picks up where the classic horror film leaves off -- you play Captain Blake, a soldier sent to Antarctica to find the scientists who were the Thing's first victims
* In 11 frightening levels, you'll have to lead your team against disgusting monsters, from the scuttling head-spiders and human-like walkers to the gigantic multi-tentacled level bosses
* Trust is important here -- isolation and paranoia will get to your team, and any mistakes you make will turn them against you
* Control your squad and keep them calm as they face off with spectacular and horrible aliens who can do tremendous damage
* A new world of fear and isolation is waiting for you to conquer it, if you can survive
The Thing Screenshot
The Thing System Requirement
OS: Windows 98/ME/2000/XP
Processor: Pentium 3 @ 600 MHz
Memory: 128 Mb
Hard Drive: 600 Mb free
Video Memory: 8 Mb
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
DVD Rom Drive
The Thing Gameplay
The game used a fear system and a trust system to increase the realism of the game. This was implemented by making it possible for one of the player's teammates to be 'turned', and for the player to not realize that until it was too late. In the trust system, the player may lose the trust of his squad if he kills a teammate on the belief that that teammate had been 'turned'. The squad would react to the killing depending on if the slain teammate was or wasn't 'turned'. If the teammate had been 'turned', the squad will praise you for killing him. However, if the teammate was still human, the squad will lose faith in you and may even try to kill you. In the fear system, the squad reacts to the environment of an area. An area that is covered in blood, or an area where there is a lot of wreckage present, might inspire fear in the squad. Also, the number of 'things' present or the sizes of the 'things' may frighten the squad members. The individual members of the squad may react in one of three ways:
1. The teammate runs away.
2. The teammate becomes irrational and begins shooting (with both regular guns and flamethrowers) indiscriminately. As this places the player and the squad in significant danger, the player often has to kill this teammate. If the player kills this teammate, the squad will neither gain nor lose trust in the player.
3. The teammate will simply give up and commit suicide.
Download The Thing PC Game
NOTE : All Links work when published, If u face any problem reply with comment
We Will Try our best to help YOU..
Please CHECK ALL LINKS BEFORE DOWNLOADING..
Thanks for visiting..